HARTFORD MAGNET MIDDLE SCHOOL
Lead Agency: COMPASS Youth Collaborative, Inc.
COMMUNITY SERVICE LEARNING IDEAS
Credited to: The University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 4H Program
Revised 9/23/10 - CMS
1. Set up a Help-O-Meter to keep track of the number of hours youth volunteer
in the community.
2. Organize a recognition program for the volunteers who lead community
3. Work in a concession stand to raise money for a good cause.
4. Make a gift for the secretary of a non-profit organization you are associated
5. Take photos during an event and donate them to the event organizers.
6. Volunteer to be a museum guide.
7. Plan an Ethnic Awareness day.
8. Design a campaign to promote tolerance and understanding of differences.
9. Volunteer at a health fair.
10. Volunteer as a counselor at local summer camp.
11. Volunteer to do office work at a local non-profit agency.
12. Set up a web page for a non-profit agency.
13. Volunteer to lead a club of youth.
14. Share a talent through teaching a class.
15. Make birthday cards for the elderly.
16. Run or walk in a charity race with friends.
17. Stage a carnival to promote community spirit.
18. Ask your mayor to sign a proclamation for an important community event.
19. Ask your governor to sign a proclamation for a national event.
20. Practice random acts of kindness.
21. Stage a marathon to raise money for a cause.
22. Organize an exchange between rural and urban individuals to promote
23. Volunteer to help at charity auctions.
24. Volunteer your talents at a charity auction.